I am usually not one to get into the politics of people’s opinions of law enforcement. I know there are good and bad people in every walk of life, but I always try to give the benefit of the doubt to those that are in a position to “protect and serve”. But yesterday, a harsh reality was “served” when I received a phone call from a very near and dear person to me. The words I heard coming through my phone were nothing I would have expected in a million years—a very distraught voice saying, “The cops just shot and killed Cisco! They killed my best friend!” In shock, I asked what had happened. At the time, I only got a very brief description, as Michael Paxton was in shock and traumatized over the horrific loss of his dog. I immediately drove to his place (which is about 30 minutes away). When I arrived, I found him clutching Cisco’s body, crying and trying to understand what had just transpired.
Apparently, unbeknown to Mike, there was a domestic disturbance between a male and a female in his neighborhood, and the Austin Police Dept was called in. Unfortunately (seems like such an understatement), Mike found out quickly about the call when he walked into his driveway from his back yard where he and Cisco, his Australian Cattle Dog (Blue Healer), had been playing frisbee. Police officer T. Griffin, Badge #6778, was standing behind Mike’s vehicle, in his driveway. Before Mike even realized Officer Griffin was there, the officer had pulled his gun on Mike, yelling at him to freeze and put his hands up. In a panic, Mike stated to the officer that he lives there, and asked what and why this was happening.
Hearing the commotion, Cisco came from the back yard and into the driveway, barking at the officer, as any dog would do. Mike’s hands in the air, a gun pointed at him, he was afraid for his life, and therefore could not move or attempt to quiet or restrain Cisco. He told the officer that Cisco would not bite him, to please not shoot his dog. Almost immediately, a bullet was put into Cisco’s chest, killing him instantly. Mike still leaned against his truck, unable to move, was not allowed to even hold his best friend as he took the last breath of his abruptly-shortened life.
As was realized after this horrific event had transpired, THE COP WAS AT THE WRONG ADDRESS!!! An innocent man was traumatized by not only having a gun pulled on him by someone that is supposed to be there “to protect and to serve”, but his best friend of seven-and-a-half years was wrongly shot and killed. FOR WHAT?! Because Officer Griffin did not confirm where he was supposed to be before these events transpired!
Nothing will likely happen to Officer Griffin for any of this, as his supervisor arrived after everything took place, and she defended his actions. Mike was given the officers’ information, as well as a phone number to call, if desired. No apologies, no sympathy. Nothing. The officer even told Mike that Cisco should have been on a leash! IN HIS OWN YARD?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!
We ended up taking Cisco’s body to be buried at a friend’s house, out in the country. Four of us spent two hours digging and breaking through limestone-filled ground, to make a hole large enough to lay to rest this man’s best friend and companion.
There are so many things wrong with this situation, that I just can’t even express it in words. My heart aches for you Mike. I know how much you love Cisco, and how much Cisco loved you. Although I am not sure what justice can or will be served in this case, your story will not go unheard. Along with many of your friends, in an effort to gain some sort of justice for you and Cisco, I am tagging all of our local news media here to get the word out.
This type of excessive force has GOT to be stopped. There needs to be consequences for behaviors such as this. There needs to be a system of “checks and balances” used, to be certain this type of thing doesn’t happen anymore—none of this would have occurred, had the officer just VERIFIED THE CORRECT ADDRESS before pulling a gun on Mike and his dog. I urge anyone and everyone that reads this, to please share this story, and let it be known that these happenings aren’t just things we read about going on in some “other city”, but right here, seriously affecting people we know and love.
If you want further information, please feel free to contact Mike directly. He is looking for any help he can get in seeking justice for his dog’s unwarranted killing.
I am so mad I can feel it in my face.
- carmzzzxazn reblogged this from dark-thee-absence-of-light
- thefetishfox likes this
- peachysundae likes this
- clairvoyant-bittch likes this
- omglaurenashley reblogged this from southernstyle08
- realtreeprincess reblogged this from littleacornss
- countrysurfin reblogged this from littleacornss
- girls-raised-in-northern-states reblogged this from mxtate
- 1personcanmakeadifference likes this
- mxtate reblogged this from littleacornss
- kelseygoesmeow likes this
- hellbent-on-you likes this
- likeajulysaturdaynight reblogged this from littleacornss
- ijustwanttofeelokayagain reblogged this from littleacornss
- littleacornss reblogged this from ashlandrenee
- fallingforfurries likes this
- confrontingmydemons reblogged this from starsinthegutter
- ryyn-strange reblogged this from frecklesxlace
- redbetty621 reblogged this from frecklesxlace and added:
- princess-bane reblogged this from frecklesxlace
- princess-bane likes this
- frecklesxlace reblogged this from charliexxx
- ladydarthcaedus reblogged this from rainbowsandfish and added:
- theamblingcharmander reblogged this from ohbernthal
- megalodonewithyourshit reblogged this from princessfanonanona
- ashleybenlove reblogged this from ohbernthal
- basedpriincess likes this
- thensahasmynudes reblogged this from ohbernthal
- ohbernthal reblogged this from princessfanonanona
- princessfanonanona reblogged this from ll-lorelei-ll
- paramorepilots likes this
- ll-lorelei-ll reblogged this from melkypellows
- ihaveanafro likes this
- fluffmyb0ner reblogged this from blueladiies
- johnathon-zavala reblogged this from janetyouslut
- janetyouslut reblogged this from weepmyangels
- wecanhavehalloweenonchristmas likes this
- laramore reblogged this from weepmyangels
- weepmyangels reblogged this from variouscontent
- variouscontent reblogged this from bagginsbutt
- kaijukola reblogged this from makemyheadswim and added:
- makemyheadswim reblogged this from whiskey-tango-f0xtr0t
- windupbird1995 reblogged this from queernymph
- maslab likes this
- beholdtherandomnessisuponus reblogged this from subduedmoon
- subduedmoon reblogged this from spazzypandizzy
- 6zom6bie6 likes this
- clearalchemist reblogged this from oddsagainst